Munic is 100% legal in France and complies with the requirements of the Decree No. 2012-3 of 3 January 2012
from the IRB* (Interministerial Committee for Road Safety)
Munic integrates Avertinoo, one of the top community-based danger zone warning systems.
Thanks to its high precision mapping contained in its 4GB internal memory, Munic delivers the most effective handling of permanent and temporary hazardous zones on the road. Every driver picks, uploads and validates any new dangerous or risky zones and helps improve the Avertinoo database.
For optimal security, Munic’s navigation screen also includes an overspeeding warning system displaying your current speed and the speed limit.
In accordance with the new laws, Munic allows you to ride safely.
Defined areas break down as follows:
- Red Band: hazardous zones, accident-prone or having a fixed speed camera. Speed limits must be imperatively respected
- Orange band: Areas of temporary hazards, accidents, traffic jams, work in progress
- Green band: safe driving areas
Official sections are set as follows:
* Reminder: Speed camera detectors owners in France are liable to a fine of € 1,500 and 6 points on their license.
* Connected driver assistants are banned in Switzerland and Austria, the use of Avertinoo is not permitted in these countries.